Community -based Activities
A key issue of the Mongolica CoLtd actions is to support local community activities. Since the Mongolica Co.Ltd. was established in Mongolia, we have been encouraging and supporting the following community-based activities:
- We participated and supported the International Training course of Shorebird conservation in Bayannuur wetlands collaborating with Mongolian Ornithological Society and local governor of Bayannuur sum in 2011 and 2013. This wetland’s uniqueness is an important site for globally threatened breeding species and migrants in large numbers. We would like to establish a local protected area for significant birding site. In order to evaluate the importance of the site for migratory and breeding species, we need to conduct field survey for breeding and migrating birds. Through our tours, we will count major summering species and record globally threatened species in the site from May to September. Our data will be important to know a seasonal change of breeding visitors and migrants.
- We are one of the important supporters to Mongolian Ornithological Society which is a national NGO that focuses on bird research, conservation and education for 5 years. You will visit www.mos.mn.
- We hire horses and camels from local nomads and local community people to support their activities during our birding and photographing tours. Please note that you will be one of the supporters of these families through your participation in our tours.
- Mongolica Team supported the university tuition fee of one master student from a local nomad family, who worked with us on horse and camel riding tuition fee in 2013.
- Mongolica Team is keen on helping a local nature conservation organization through taking photographs of our nature and wildlife.